Followers

Translate

Friday, March 28, 2014

O Holy Night - Progressive Christmas Challenge

Hello again!
I am trying to finish up my entry for the Digi Stamps 4 Joy Progressive Christmas Challenge.

Everyone who played along last month was sent the image of this Christmas paper. (I used it for the bg) I also added another DS4J image, '3 Kings' to my card. things started off in an interesting way when I ran the Basic Grey paper through my printer. my lovely printer must be possessed by the same gremlins that inhabit my Yahoo email account, because it grabbed the printer all wonky and printed the image out crooked. since this paper has long been discontinued, I only have the one sheet of it. I was gonna have to use it wonky! as I used to tell people taking classes from me, there are no mistakes in crafting, only opportunities for whimsy. well you are staring whimsy right in the face here. ;)


I sprayed the paper with walnut gold glimmer mist and then used a gold metallic gelato to highlight the words 'O Holy Night'.  papers are from the Basic Grey Figgy collection, lace trim is vintage, pretty flower is from Hobby Lobby I think, (picked it up while visiting Ryan in Indiana since we don't have HL near us.) little tabs are made from a SU! punch that was cut in half. stickles and shimmerz paint were added to the crowns on the 3 Kings image.


edited to add new photo. went back and re-made card. really didn't like the other one at all. the free image given printed very pixel-y. took the elements from the other card and came up with this one. new sentiment is from an old Shady Tree Studios stamp set. snowflake dp is what was left from previous printed piece. much happier with this one! :)

Challenges:
Digi Stamps 4 Joy Progressive Christmas Challenge - use image
Christmas Challenges - sketch
Chcolate, Coffee, and Cards - glitter (shimmerz & stickles) and lace
Completely Christmas - anything Christmas goes
Scrapping 4 Fun - lace and buttons
Winter Wonderland - kraft (card base)
Crimbo Crackers - anything Christmas goes
Fab 'n Funky - Christmas
Fan-tastic Tues. - anything square goes
Holly Jolly Christmas - bingo:  snowflakes (bg paper), free space (glimmer mist), blue

12 comments:

Sammy said...

It's lovely, and wonky works for me! Love the poinsettia too! x

Joan B said...

so pretty!!

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Lovely card!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funchallenges!
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Desire Fourie said...

Jennifer this is gorgeous. So love the combination of the images and the crochet/lace trimmings. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of April.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous Kraft inspired creation, thank you for entering our Winter Wonderland challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Judy McKay said...

What beautiful card. thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Judy

Meighan Wheller said...

I think your card looks fine Jennifer, actually I like the wonky paper. I tell people my card is hand made so it is unique each and everyone one :) Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly and we hope you will join us again for our next challenge. All the best Meighan DT

Pat K said...

Beautiful and very creative. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x

Angie C. D. said...

Technology and I don't always get along either. :) Your card is lovely. Thanks for participating at scrapping4funchallenges. :D

Anonymous said...

so Pretty !! Thanks for joining us at CC&CC - Glitter and lace - DT Crystal

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

Beautiful card! Whimsy is always fun too! It's all about fun, right? Thanks for joining in at Scrapping4FunChallenges~!

Issys said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining at Scrapping4FunChallenges!