Followers

Translate

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Mixed Media Coffee Wall Hanging

Top 5 Pick at Eclectic Ellapu

I had mentioned before that I have been playing around with digital images printed onto watercolor paper and gelatos. I have another project to share with all of you using this technique.

Not only is this for the new Crafts Galore Encore challenge of 'Anything Goes,' but for the next 3 months, I'll be a Guest Designer with Bugaboo Stamps! I was so excited when Tammy asked me to join this fun group of crafters for several months of challenges! :) so I hope you will join me with ALL of the crafty fun going on!


(the little car in the piccy is part of the watermark, NOT part of the wall hanging! grins!
sure didn't mean it to cause confusion. 
the watermark was given to me for being a Guest Designer at Bugaboo)

I printed the 'Coffee Words' digi right onto the watercolor paper and went to town with the gelatos. a few accent touches with watercolors were also added.

glimmer mist in several shades was sprayed over the top and then the watercolor paper was adhered, first to cs and then to a piece of paper board cut from a Bisquick box. you know how I love to re-purpose things around the house. ;)

distress stickles was added along the edge. Prima micro beads in copper & bronze were mixed in with sequins & seed beads from Neat & Tangled. sweetheart blossoms are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  finally, a bow was made from tan diamond satin ribbon so that I can hang it. yep, I am keeping this one! normally I give away almost everything I make, but this one is hanging in my craft room. :) just couldn't resist! fell in love with it right from the start!

oh yes, I did use my SU! ink squirty tool, too. the entire wall hanging measures about 9"x12".

thanks for stopping by! and I do hope you will play along with the 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Crafts Galore Encore! as you can see from my project, anything really DOES go! ;)

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Mon - home decor (does craft room decor count?)
Eclectic Ellapu - anything goes
Li'l Patch of Crafty Friends - anything goes
Outlawz Paper a la Mode - anything goes
Stamping Sensations - anything goes
We Love To Create - anything mixed media goes
Hiding in My Craft Room - freestyle
Morgan's Art World - anything goes
Classic DT Open Ch - anything made for a DT
DL Art - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wed - anything goes

20 comments:

brenda said...

It's a lovely vintage feeling creation Jennifer and beautifully embellished with all the little sequins.

Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous hanger love the different elements
Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Andree said...

This is a wonderful wall hanging Jennifer. The background is perfect for the coffee words xx

Anita said...

Oh, I love this. I need one. Thanks for enabling.Hugs!

Carla's Cards said...

Lovely project, thanks for sharing at Morgan's Artworld!

Unknown said...

Lovely wall hanger, love the design and added buttons. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

Cynthia said...

Fabulous wall hanging, Jennifer. Anything coffee themed is a keeper!

katieo said...

Fantastic card. I love the way you added all of the different embellishments. The microbeads look awesome. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge. Katie-DT Member

Fikreta said...

love this!
it is wonderful!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Mandy said...

Fabulous wall hanging Jennifer! I love the different textures and the little car is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Jennifer Scull said...

too funny, Mandy! the car is part of the watermark I was given for being a guest over at Bugaboo. it's not on the wall hanging. ;) guess I had better make sure to add that to the post so it doesn't confuse people! grins!

Anonymous said...

I really love your colors and how wonderfully shabby chic this is. Beautifully done and we appreciate you playing at Eclectic Ellapu!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

great job coffee lady!

Alicia

Sue Crease said...

Great project, thanks for joining in the fun over at Eceletic Ellapu this month. I love the texture you have added.
Sue

Unknown said...

Great techniques! Your gelatos and spray really gave your background a coffee-stained look. I love this mix of sequins, too.
Thanks for joining Eclectic Ellapu's May challenge!

-DT NieNie

Catherine said...

Your wall hanging is awesome. Love all the elements and theme. Thanks for playing along with us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Just love your Wall Hanger. Love the colours and love all the work you have put into your creation. Well done.

Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful project, gorgeous colours and image used. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our second challenge.xx
[aNNie DT/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Joan said...

Lovely vintage style hanging

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Unknown said...

Wonderful Card and fantastic creation, just beautiful.
thanku for joining us at classic design team open challenge blog #2 hope to see you back next month to show off your beautiful work
Kristyn DT @ [Kristyn DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]